Wednesday, October 16, 2013

AP English Lit. periods 1 & 2

After the hiatus, I think I am back! SO after some pause, I do hope that you have been thinking about your upcoming creative assignments. For tomorrow-- Thursday, you will have your first meeting in your literature circle group. You will have exactly twenty minutes only. Following that, we will have five minutes to review, and then go full speed ahead reading Lear. The goal is to get to and read up to Act III, scene 3 by Friday. Then you will have more writing to do: 1. Think of a person who you secretly hate or loathe, or just someone not as cool as you. Then, model a Shakespearean rant (a la Kent style) of that person. Begin your "diss" with a single noun, as does Kent in act 2, scene 2. Look for structure in class on Friday. Have a subject in mind. 2. We will continue to work to revise letters. Final drafts are due on Tuesday. 3. Original soliloquy modeled about Edmond-- we will write in class on Friday. Due date: Still TBD. Nightly homework; RE-reading Lear! Studying Literary Terms!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this assignment Ms. Guy. I never really thought I hated someone I knew personally until I really thought about it and I remembered something that happened almost 10 years ago. Someone who I thought was my teacher and my elder insulted me pubicly in class. I still remember his dirty grit tone and it makes me want to slap him a couple of times. I researched his name and my contempt withered away. His test scores were piss poor. I understand that there are bad and good teachers and that they aren't all like him now that I go to King Drew. I really do want to exceed the one cuss word limit though.

    ReplyDelete